- 1936 – The business began as a cobblers (shoe maker/repairer) before World War II. During the war they repaired shoes for the armed forces.
- 1945 – Following World War II, the family opened a wholesale warehouse in Liverpool City Centre selling ladies and gentlemen’s shoes.
- 1965 – The business expanded to supply sportswear, selling brands including Adidas, Asics, Converse and Mizuno.
- 1979 – The business decided to begin importing quality baby and children’s shoes from Portugal and Spain, appreciating that there was a gap in the UK market.
- 1999 – We acquired the website domain www.babyshoes.co.uk (initially used to share product information with retailers).
- 2011 – Babyshoes entered the world of ecommerce, making our range of baby shoes available to customers across the globe.
'Babyshoes exists to provide shoes that are seamless as well as to offer a service that exceeds customer expectations. When we bring style, comfort and satisfaction to our stakeholders, then we have succeeded in protecting and developing our brand name.'
The company has gone from strength to strength over the past decade. We can now boast a client base that spans across the whole of the UK and have been lucky enough to acquire the sole distribution rights of the beautiful brand of baby shoes from Portugal, Fofito.
But whilst our business has grown, our traditional values and corporate identity remains the same. Our commitment to our customers continues to be our priority, appreciating that good customer service is the lifeblood to any business.